Thursday, August 8, 2013
Journey on Relaxation
I just got done listening and relaxing to an exercise of Journey on Relaxation. This exercise was enjoyable. Total relaxation was achieved! It wasn't just the soft and controlled sounds of the narrator's voice that captured my attention, but it was also the background music. It was listening to the narrator and doing what he simply said to do. I like how just relaxing my body and making my body listen to my thoughts and do what I want it to do got me into a state of calmness and personal reflection. My arms and legs felt very warm and heavy at times, but yet it also felt like I was floating while I was paying attention to my own blood flow. It brought me back into a state of focus on myself and not my environment. The short 10 minute session was very fulfilling for me. I felt energized and I wanted to write about my reflection on this right away, rather then waiting until later on. This session really brought me back to a refreshing start in my day (even though it's evening for me). I would like to do this every day if I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I felt the same way. I love to relax, it is just finding the time to do it. I think relaxing can help everyone and make more positive things happen in peoples lives. Just the calming sensation seems to help me. The background sounds and everything seemed to help me a lot.
ReplyDeleteThere really is not anything like this relaxation exercise and taking the time to gather your mind and body to one solid unit for a few minutes. I love to meditate and enjoy the inner peace it gives me on a daily bases.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I am getting used to this whole blog thing. I love relaxation techniques. In fact, I am always looking for new and interesting exercises to try for relaxation. The thing is, it takes me a while to get into them. I think it's because my brain is so full of thoughts that I don't know how to relax a little sometimes. I liked the rainbow exercise that we had to do this week. What about you?
ReplyDeleteJessica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cya-NBX5QYU
ReplyDeleteThis is Enigma. Have a listen! If you keep it turned down low and lay down, it is very relaxing. I listen to it ALL THE TIME! :)
Enjoy!
Jess