The Aesclepius Exercise was very interesting from the start.
When I think of someone wise, I tend to think of my own father. He has always
been the person of my life to turn to for help, for love, for patience, and
understanding. He also has the hardworking characteristics I always thought
made him wise and a leader of my family. Going through the exercise allowed me
to go into a more in-depth assessment of who he is as my father. I got a chance
to overlook his actions, his way of thinking, his actions and awareness, and
also the person he is and how/why he is that person. I have always looked up to
him and wanted to be like him. When I have the chance to be like him, I welcome
it and feel that as his daughter already, I am taking in the next role as a
wise and loving healer. I like this exercise because it helps me regain myself
on who I want to be and who my role model is. It brings me back to why I am who
I am and who I could be and much more. I can definitely see that going through
this exercise and many others, they will help with integral health and help me
gain more of my inner being than I thought possible. I can already see an
increase in my spiritual and psychological wellness. I find the energy and willfulness
through my daily tasks. I find it best to meditate and put my mind at ease to
give myself rest daily to improve my judgments and my attitude towards things I
can’t change.
“One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” is
a saying that I find true. It simply states that a person cannot just simply
give advice/direction/advice on an event or issue without themselves being
there first. It’s the same with asking for directions in an unknown territory.
A person won’t just go to another traveler and ask for directions. They go to a
local person and ask. This is the same for people who need or ask for advice on
their health. They want feedback and facts about what they are getting
themselves into. They want to talk to someone who really knows and has gone
through the same thing. Health and wellness professionals need to know this and
understand that their clients need more feedback and reassurance on what they
are getting from their professionals.
No comments:
Post a Comment