Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Subtle Mind - U5


I personally love the Subtle Mind exercise more than the Loving Kindness exercise. It gets me focused a lot faster. I relax and I breathe making sure my mind if still. Although, I had to repeat both exercises a couple times to get myself to not listen to the instructor, and listen to myself and sometimes nothing at all. The Subtle Mind exercise is more beneficial for me, I enjoy my mind being at ease and practicing my breathing.

Spiritual wellness is more believing in myself and other things out of this world. It’s having faith in the impossible at times and just knowing something with no concrete evidence. However, even though it is not concrete, it is there just like how my mentality and my physical well-being is. They all help me live and help me further my existence.

I find that my spiritual wellness effect my everyday choices. Whether I want to be at peace and serene or be active and confident. The connection between my spirit with my mentality and physical well-being is a circle. One cannot work without the other. If one is thrown off, then they all become unbalanced and it takes more healthy ways of exercises to bring them back into balance.
I tend to imagine these components as a ball:
The rubber of the ball- physical
The air inside the ball- spiritual
The way the ball moves and rolls along- mental

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, Fleurette!

    I enjoyed your blogpost. I felt the exact same way that you did about this exercise. I was definitely able to focus and relax faster with the SUbtle Mind exercise, than with the Loving Kindness exercise. In fact, I wound up falling asleep once I didn't need to focus on my breathing anymore! I love this class and how it is bettering me as a person, and I am glad that you have also found solace in psychospiritual flourishing!

    Melisa A

    ReplyDelete