I found that the visualizations, and the meditations exercises are the best ones for me. They help me focus and regain energy for my tasks. I find they give me time out of my days to enjoy my own self. I find listening to soft music, laying and meditating for a couple minutes a day and mostly quieting my mind helps me move along to my next task. It calms me down and makes everything else less stressful. They also help with my imagination and keeps me psychologically at ease.
Doing the practices and exercises also help in teaching my son how to calm himself down too. Which I think is great since he is already a handful at times and is always energized. I think its great he also learns this early on. It helps him get his emotions out at times and stay healthy in his mind.
I think giving myself a few minutes each morning helps me out with starting my days. It gathers my thoughts and puts me at ease. They also help me think positive and benefit more from my days than anything else. My mental fitness is very important so, starting it off right in the mornings also gives me good judgment on my nutrition. I think this practice will certainly be hard at times when I move forward on to others but, for now I think its best to start out slow.
Fleurette,
ReplyDeleteI happen to feel ready for sleep after being relaxed :) If I have things to do, you are right, it does get me motivated or energized to get it done. I commend you on teaching your son this important tool in for life. I am trying to get my 10 year old to try it but so far, no luck. I won't give up though. I know how important it is to have as a tool for success.
Megan
I like your idea of giving yourself a few minutes each morning to help you get your day started. I too do that. I set my alarm to go off 15 minutes early so I can have 15 minutes to stretch, focus on what is ahead of me, and think all positive thoughts. I also want to start giving myself a few minutes at night to just sit and relax. I started this week sitting on my porch, watching the sun set with a glass of wine and the fresh air :) I love it!
ReplyDeleteJess
Hi Fluerette,
ReplyDeleteI love the fact that you are teaching son about meditation and visualization, I think it is a great start in centering emotions and training the mind early. Meditation early in morning seems to be the common theme of most meditators and it is a piece that I will try an continue to practice as I too believe that it gets the day off to a good start. Much success in your journey
Flo,
ReplyDeleteI found these two exercises most beneficial as well. I wholeheartedly agree in your practice of taking a some time in the morning. I am a firm believer that how you start your day sets the tone for the rest of the day. I have been able to experience this from both types of beginning--calm and chaotic.
I also have to give myself some time each morning in order to get it off to a good start. I get up at 4am, work out, then take about 15-30 minutes to pray, meditate, and relax. Now that fall is here, I'm enjoying my time outside late at night, just relaxing after an extremely long day. I start my day relaxed and energized then end it relaxed enough to fall into a restful sleep.
ReplyDeleteAwesome post but you made me feel bad that I haven't truly given myself the time lately to practice. Let's just say that I haven't been able to practice as much as I wanted too. You are very right on saying that mental fitness is very important especially when you are achieving overall wellness. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete